Friday 22 April 2011

Easter trinket box

I bought some little cardboard trinket boxes before Christmas with the foolish notion of decorating them as presents (like that was going to happen!). As I've been off work this week and stuck at home with a son who refuses to go out, I decided to resurrect the trinket box idea and have a play!
I've never done one before but I have to say I had a great time getting all sticky!


I painted the box with acrylic paint and embossed it using my favourite Stampin' Up set, Artistic Etchings. I embossed the medallion on the top and the scroll and key along the sides.



Inside the box there's a pop out Eiffel Tower and two chicks!(My son came home from the shops with a box of 10 chicks as a present for me.Well, two down, eight to go!) 



I'm giving it to a friend who likes quirky things and Paris. Hope she likes it!!


  

9 comments:

  1. Lovely little box! thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable box that and perfect for Easter, too.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love all your work though! Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet, you're friend will love it.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and lovely little chicks. Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a lovely comment and i know what you mean about the stars:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your little box LOL it made me have a little giggle to myself sooooooo cute !!!!! Isn't it weird you start making card to save money SPEND A FORTUNE then move away from making cards and going back to your childhood getting inky and sticky !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pop over to my blog I 2 awards for you
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute Easter gift, and no chocolate in sight! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!