Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year Older Me!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe 2012 came and went so quickly. It's been difficult at times,challenging and stressful but a great year nonetheless! A lot of things happened but mainly I'll remember it as the year I turned 50-and with it developed a more confident me!As a woman of a certain age I think I'm entitled to wear what I want,say what I think and do things I want to without owing an explanation to anyone!

Resolutions-well they went by the by of course but one thing I did achieve was my dream of joining a design team. What started as a three month guest spot with Sarah Hurley turned into a permanent place and I'm so glad I got to  stay. I love the kits, there's something for everyone and it's really opened my eyes to a world of  digi/hybrid crafting.

This month's challenge over on Sarah's Challenge Blog is all about celebration. A new year, a birthday or anything else you want to celebrate! I made a birthday card for my friend who's mad about Paris using the fabulous I Love Paris kit. There's some gorgeous papers and embellishments-I love it!


Come along and join in the celebrations!

I'm entering this in the Cute Card Thursday challenge. I just came across this and as it's Thursday,the challenge title is New and the I Love Paris kit's new,well why not play along?!
I'm also playing along at The Crafter's Cafe and the Cards Galore challenges.

16 comments:

  1. Great card, I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very simple but very effective card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and loving the papers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Card! ..Hope the year is a great year for you - its not so bad being a woman of a certain age ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Good luck in the challenges.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh great card. And congratulations on your fab DT work.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on becoming half a century Monica! *Ü* I can remember my 50th birthday. It wasn't my best birthday but I have had a few nice ones since then! I like your card - very cute. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Sharon, gorgeous! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and a happy new year to you
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Sharon, I love the I Love Paris kit.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that kit and what you've done with it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping by on the hop, hope you have a lovely weekend! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project. thank you for joining us over on Cards Galore xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment-I really appreciate it!